Category Archives: Fun Topics
One of the best ways to drive along with your pet is keeping them safe from jumping around your car.. Pet boosters and saftey seat belt harness are all ways to keep your pet and yourself protected from any accidents along the road.
Because i have a small pooch i decided to purchase the car booster from amazon.. look how well behaved my dog looks 😉
A reality program about the various dog behaviors that human families encounter. It also showcases host Cesar Millan’s expertise in dealing and resolving the animal behavior cases by applying rules, boundaries and limitations. It also gives light to the reality that, more often than not, the owners need training more than their pets.
“Cesar Milan has given the world an awareness of the needs of dogs and the responsibilities of dog ownership. Too many don’t walk their dogs, don’t work with them on training and then wonder why they’re unruly. Left in a back yard or inside without interaction for hours and without training or controlled exercise and then owners are surprised when the dog has behavioral problems. Too many dogs are surrendered to shelters and destroyed every day because people underestimate their dogs needs. Or the people and dogs that coexist in a frustrating home environment vs experiencing the benefits of a mutually healty, happy relationship. I believe Cesar has made a huge, positive impact and there is still a lot of work to do in this regard around the world. I hope to see his great work continue and reach more people positively impacting the lives of people and their dogs.” – Sarah Hikel- (comment)
Only 316 old English sheepdog puppies have been registered with the Kennel Club in 2012
Breeds already listed by the Kennel Club of being at risk of extinction including the Irish red and white setter, English setter, Manchester terrier, Lancashire heeler and the Otterhound.
At risk: The welsh terrier, above, and wheaten terrier, below, are also on the watchlist
Here are some of the many benefits of enzymes:
- Supports the immune system
- Aids the absorption of vitamins and minerals from food
- Promotes normal body weight without hunger cravings
- Promotes respiratory health
- Helps reduce minor food sensitivities
- Helps promote normal cell growth
- Supports healthy teeth and gums
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels that are already within the normal range
- Reduces occasional bloating, gas, heartburn, and constipation
- Lessens skin irritation and excessive shedding
- Provides more energy due to better utilization of nutrients
- Helps remove toxins from the body
- Promotes comfortable movement of joints
The four basic digestive enzymes are:
- Protease – helps break down and digest protein
- Amylase – helps break down and digest carbohydrates and starches
- Lipase – helps break down and digest fat
- Cellulase – helps break down fiber
What happens if your pet doesn’t have enough enzymes in his digestive track?
First, his body robs critical metabolic enzymes from other important tasks, such as immune function, as digestion of food reigns as a high-priority, survival activity.
Second, a lack of digestive enzymes may result in incomplete digestion, allowing partially digested food particles to enter the bloodstream directly from the large intestine.
Less-than-optimal health may be at least partially due to your pet’s body’s response to undigested food particles circulating in the bloodstream.
Where does your pet get the enzymes she needs for digestion and other metabolic functions?
From two sources:
- Your pet’s diet
- Your pet’s body
- Support the healthy circulation of blood through arteries
- Maintaining normal immune function
- Clear cellular debris while cleansing tissue
- Stimulate healthy new cell growth
- Promote normal cell growth
- Promote a healthy immune response
- Support normal detoxification processes
- Clear away undigested proteins, cleansing the lymph and blood
Healthy Pets Digestive Enzymes:
- Betaine HCl – breaks down proteins into peptides and amino acids and fats into triglycerides
- Ox Bile Extract – safely used for many years in human and pet enzyme products to support the liver’s production of bile and offer supplemental bile for bile-deficient pets, critical for digesting fats
- Bromelain (pineapple) – one of the safest and most powerful enzymes to help break down and digest protein
- Papain (papaya) – a natural plant-sourced enzyme that works together with bromelain to digest protein
- Pancreatin– an animal-based pancreatic enzyme providing all three of these enzymes:
- Protease – helps break down proteins into amino acids for digestion
- Amylase – for splitting and breaking down long-chain carbohydrates, including starch and glycogen (the energy-storage molecule in animal tissue) for digestion in the small intestine
- Lipase – helps break down and digest fats
By Healthy Pets: Dr Karen Becker
“D Pet Hotels is another pet oriented hotel that has come up in recent years along with innumerable others like the Chateau Poochie in Florida. The New York property of D Pet Hotels gives canines a pure sumptuous experience by offering rooms with full-size beds, DVD players and flat-screen TVs, as well as a doggie gym with a dog treadmill, a lounge, a spa, chauffeur services and a retail boutique.”
“While offering overnight boarding, D Pet Hotels also offers day care services to its canine patrons. Your pets can unwind at the spa where they can be pampered with oil treatments and pawdicures. The fitness center offers amazing services like a private fitness trainer and the special chefs cook up healthy meals like brown rice with vegetables, chicken, or lamb. After all, it’s a dog’s life!”
Watch this video for further details: